About Me

My photo
I am seeking a deeper understanding of God through His Word and my reflections of it. "For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him" ~ Philippians 2:13

Friday, December 10, 2010

Living In Faith

This was wrote on May 3rd, 2007 while Nikki and I were living in Bossier City, La and attending First Baptist Bossier.

Living in Faith
It has been sometime now since I have written anything in here. That is sad to me. The sad part is all the wonderful experiences I have had with God and haven’t put them on paper. What’s even worse is that I know I will forget them. God has touched my life like I can’t believe. It is amazing. I am not rich in worldly sense or anything like that but I am rich in spirit. I feel so alive inside. More than I have felt since I was a young child. The empty space inside of me has been filled with the spirit of God.
I recently began serving the church in the media department. So far I have directed one service (me…can you believe it!) and I have operated several of the cameras in different services. It has been the most rewarding thing. I have never felt better about my choices in life. Choosing to serve God and getting to be part of His ministry is absolutely amazing. Last night, I operated camera 3 and we filmed a DVD for the kids. They put on a program. There were lots of moms and dads along with a bunch of grand parents. My kids weren’t up there but I was just as proud of them as everyone else. You see, we are all one family in Christ. That is a wonderful feeling.
What I would give to have back all the years I have wasted wondering lost, blind to the things that are really important. How many blessings have passed me by? How many times have I not heard His call? How many people could I have witnessed to and who would be serving the Lord now? How many have since gone on and it is too late for them now?
 Every second is important. It only takes a moment to win a soul for Jesus, to open the doors of Heaven to them. I fully plan on making my remaining days here count.
God has been so good to me. He has used my faith to build a bridge back to my wife and my children. With his guidance I am finally becoming the husband and father I should have always been.  

No comments:

Post a Comment